Sunday, August 23, 2009

Big Changes!

Rotation 1 - September 2021

Sam and Tina are 28, Michael is 9

Narrated by Sam Leary

We finally did it! Tina and I just took out a loan and went for it! We now have a very nice farmhouse with a small store on the side. We also decided to invest in a little red truck! I am so excited to get started with this farm. It's a new chapter in our lives.
There is even a small pond in the back. I try to get some fishing in so that once I open my store, we can also sell fresh fish. I figure I will be able to open the store after the first full crops come in. There is no other place in Crystal Bay that sells fresh produce, so the market is really great for it.
It's alot of hard work, there's no doubt about that. But if I ever hope to pay off the loan I had to take out to get this place, I will need to really make a big profit. We don't have room to fail on this. Tina didn't object to me taking out the loan because she believes in me. I just hope that I don't disappoint her.
Michael is still very interested in farming. I couldn't be happier! I feel that this farm will be my legacy, the thing that Mike and his kids and their kids remember me for. And I'm just really happy that Michael has taken an interest in it. I'm glad that I can leave it in such capable hands. Tina really wants to have another baby and I hope things slow down soon so we can try. I think she was alittle nervous about telling me, but I would love another kid too. Mike will soon be a teen and it would be nice to have another child around.Even Tina is helping me with the farm. She's not really a prissy kind of woman, but she also isn't really the type to do farm work. It means alot to me that she's taking such an interest in this. I couldn't have married a better woman if I tried. Sometimes I wonder if she wishes she married a man with more money. I mean she's not really materialistic, but we've been struggling since Michael came along. I really hope this works out.......
Tina has been getting lots of promotions at work lately. She loves working with the kids. I'm glad she decided to go into education and leave the writing behind. She was great at writing, don't get me wrong, but she seems to enjoy working with the kids more. I think it's because she really wants more kids of her own........
With her last bonus from work, she decided to buy a dog for Michael. I think it was more for her, but I'm not going to argue about it! So she decided to get a lab that she named Retro. She figured a lab would make a pretty good farm dog and was also big enough that he might scare off any would be intruders.
As big as he is, Retro is really just a big baby. He's a really gentle dog which is good for Michael. He hasn't really been around many animals and we didn't know if he would freak out about Retro. I was a little apprehensive about getting the dog, we have enough bills and mouths to feed. But I also knew that this meant alot to Tina. And I just want her to be happy.
I wanted to show Mike that Retro was harmless, so I slowy introduced to him to him. Retro stood obediently still while I stroked his fur as Mike looked on. Once Michael was confortable, he decided he wanted to take Retro outside to play. I was so happy that he liked Retro. I don't know what we would have done if he was afraid of him!They were soon outside playing together like they had known each other all along. I think Mike would have liked to have a little brother or sister too. It makes me feel like a heel, but I just want to get this farm up and running before I take on another project. And a kid is a big project!

The new house has a much nicer kitchen. It more spacious and has better appliances. Tina loves cooking now. Which of course makes me and Michael very happy! she tries to cook a fresh meal everyday, but sometimes we just have leftovers if she's too tired, or if she has alot of papers she needs to grade.
Tina has been talking about how she misses her friends. I told her she could try making new ones here, but then she brings up that fiasco with Gabriella DeLorne. I told her that every woman in Crystal Bay isn't like Gabriella DeLorne. Ann Marie Carmichael seems really nice and I think they woulld get along pretty well. But Tina said she wants someone who would better understand her. She thinks Ann Marie lives a different life from her. I guess she's right, but that doesn't mean they can't be friends! But at the end of a long hard day, it's nice to sit down as a family.........I'm really a lucky man......
Retro isn't as good a dog as I thought he was.......digging up my yard........gonna have to teach that dog some better behavior!!!!



*Tina constantly rolled a baby want, Michael had a new family member want, and Sam wanted to earn better gardening badges! After a while, Tina started rolling get a pet wants so I figured she got tired of waiting on Sam and decided that a dog would have to do for a while! I usually suck at building houses but I'm pretty satisfied with how their farm turned out. Hopefully it will be successful! Sam got a gold gardening badge at the end of my turn with his house so that should help the crops be pretty good once they come in.

6 comments:

  1. At least the dog will keep her company and she can baby him whiel she waits on her hubby. I'm glad he finalyl got his farm, but it's a TON of work. I hope everything works out for them in the long run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad they finally got the farm they wanted! I hope it works out well for them and hopefully Sam will be ready to have more kids soon. Retro is cute! Animals always enjoy being babied in place of real babies. ;) (I have 2 dogs and 3 cats that I baby.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to ask if you built the farm house! You did a good job - I'm terrible at building.

    I'm glad Tina has Retro to tide her over until they can have another baby. My three dogs are my babies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Riverdale - The farm IS a ton of work. He is constantly spraying for bugs or pulling weeds which is why he doesn't really have time to make a baby! He's so tired by the end of the day that he just doesn't have the energy!

    Shana - I have a mini schnauzer named Kingston and he is my little baby! I hope they have a baby soon though, Michael turned out really well!

    Sullivan - Thank you! I hate building stuff because it never looks as good as the buildings I download! Retro is a cutie and I think he will help Tina in her wait for a new baby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love farms, but they are a lot of work. Watch with the spraying! Someone might turn into a plant sim. XD

    Retro is cute. I love that name for a pet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lunar - I thought about that....I'll just have to get the cure if he does! It is a lot of hard work, something always needs to be tended or sprayed or watered......it's a full time job! The name Retro just came to me when I picked out the dog....I though it was cute too!

    ReplyDelete